Bar Clara and The Gospel rye whisky have collaborated to bring you a delicious Old Fashioned cocktail aging kit. Happy Father’s Day!
To age your cocktail:
1. Preheat oven to 200 oC and bake mesquite chips on a tray for approx. 20 min until smoky.
2. Place chips in glass jar and add 30ml water.
3. Add whisky, PX sherry (or rye grain syrup), bitters, and optional spices.
4. Seal lid and age for one week away from direct sunlight, preferably in a space with temperature change.
5. Strain liquid and store refrigerated.
6. Serve over large ice with orange wheel. Kit makes 2 cocktails.
To make Rye Grain Syrup:
1. Place rye grains and cinnamon in a pan and lightly toast for 30 sec.
2. Add half a cup of water and half a cup of sugar.
3. Simmer for 10 min.
4. Allow to cool and strain and refrigerate.